The Bartlinski Bunch

" Teresa "

" Teresa "

Teresa "Fang Fang " Bartlinski

Teresa was born on December 25, 2006 in China. She was born with a very complex heart condition. In July 2010, GOD added Teresa to our family through adoption. We have been blessed with 9 wonderful children. Gods grace has woven us together as a family. Upon bringing Teresa home from China we unfortunately learned she not only needed a heart transplant but also a lung transplant. Her doctors feel she would not survive this operation. Please help us to pray for a miracle for Teresa's heart and lungs to be healed. She is a very special little soul who has touched so many lives around the world ...

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mary, my HERO

Yesterday the little girls and I went to my Mothers cemetery to do some weeding and put out the fall flowers. When we arrived I noticed the headstone looked tilted forward just a little . The lawn mowers had knocked the flower pot on the one side off and dented it. Not thinking much of it , we started pulling weeds and found a cute little woolly caterpillar. Lucy and i were kneeling down in front of the headstone looking at it and Mary came around from the back and before I new it the headstone had fallen forward and my leg was wedged under it. Mary got on one side and Lucy on the other and tried to lift it. After 5 minute with no luck moving it the pain became excruciating.(I had put a border of bricks and stones around the headstone and my leg was crushed between the headstone and the bricks). Mary became hysterical and Lucy ran to the car to hide .I told Mary to run back to the car to get my phone so I could call 911. While talking to the operator Mary went over to the headstone and LIFTED THE 500 pound (well that is what it felt like) HEADSTONE OFF MY LEG ALL BY HER SELF!!!

When my brother arrived to retrieve my shoe , he could not lift the headstone himself.

After spending 6 hours in the ER , the good news is no broken bones(I guess it's good to have fat legs ), but the tendon and muscle were crushed. Crutches,air boot and pain meds. and home we went.

We are so thankful that it did not fall one one of the girls. Lucy had stood up 2 seconds before it fell . Her head would have been crushed .

Before my Mother died , she told me something that I have never forgotten. A few days before she died she said an Angel from GOD had come to talk to her . HE said to tell us that everything would always be alright.
As I was laying there I was thinking "Mom everything is not alright" and then Mary somehow found the strength to lift the headstone.
Thanks Mom!


groovy mama said...


Rita and John said...

Wow, what an amazing (and frightening) story. Hope you are recovering quickly.

Lori said...

You guys have had quite the past couple of days! What an amazing story. Glad everyone is safe!

Annie said...

So glad you and the girls are ok! Amazing!

Aus said...

Who says that little miracles don't happen every day?

Glad you guys are OK (well - maybe a little dented but generally ok!) Nice work Mary!

hugs - aus and co.

Rebecca said...

Wow! Between your visit to Johns Hopkins and this, you've had an eventful week! I'm glad you're ok. Blessings to your family.

Sarita :) said...

OH my! So glad to read that you are safe and healing. Go Mary!

Sarah Todd

LA said...


I have no doubt an angel is watching over your family. From Teresa doing better than expected, to you guys being safe at the hospital during the shooting, and now the cemetery incident, yes I believe an angel from God is watching over your family.

God Bless,

Lee Ann

Shannon said...

Oh my goodness....that is incredible! Talk about miraculous. Praying for healing in your leg too!!!

Holly said...

A God story for sure!! Take it easy!!