The Bartlinski Bunch

" Teresa "

" Teresa "

Teresa "Fang Fang " Bartlinski

Teresa was born on December 25, 2006 in China. She was born with a very complex heart condition. In July 2010, GOD added Teresa to our family through adoption. We have been blessed with 9 wonderful children. Gods grace has woven us together as a family. Upon bringing Teresa home from China we unfortunately learned she not only needed a heart transplant but also a lung transplant. Her doctors feel she would not survive this operation. Please help us to pray for a miracle for Teresa's heart and lungs to be healed. She is a very special little soul who has touched so many lives around the world ...

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Summer Fun !

Gemma and Teresa had their first friends Birthday party .  We combined the two of their Birthdays  ( Teresa -December 25 and Gemma Aug. 31) .  It's almost impossible to have a friend birthday party in December so we had a pool Birthday party for the two of them .  They LOVED it !

Friday, June 22, 2012

Moving Along...

Things are moving along wonderfully .  Our insurance has APPROVED Teresa's heart transplant !   This was a big concern  but as it turns out God took care of all the details !

We are still working on transportation to the hospital .  We are working on a few options . The transplant team suggested we move closer to CHOP but with six  kids at home   , this was not an option .  I know God will work out these details also.

The social worker from the transplant team called today to see how we were handling the stress and I had to laugh as she asked if we were having any anxiety .  Well yeah !!!!    Our biggest anxiety right now is care of the girls and how to keep their lives as normal as possible while I am gone .  Before we adopted Teresa we had several  family meetings with all of the kids to discuss how our lives would change and how they felt about the huge sacrifices they all would have to make .  They all were so sweet and caring  saying they would give up this... or give up doing that... or going there... and over the past two years they have all been phenomenal with their love and support of  Teresa and all her  medical care .    But the journey we are now on will require even more sacrifice for them and we really want to try and keep things as routine as possible at home for them  . I know God has opened their eyes and hearts   to so much already  through Teresa.

I have started packing so we are ready to leave as soon as we get the call and I am also  making lists... and more lists... so the care of the girls will be as smooth as possible while I am gone . 
With the best case scenario (which is what we are praying for ) , Teresa will be in the hospital for one month .    But because she is considered HIGH  risk and may have complications we could be in the hospital for 6 months. There really is just no telling what could happen or how long we will be there .  So  we are trying to prepare for everything .   With Teresa's STRONG will  though I am sure she is going to run the race and show them all just how well she  can do  and be home in Miraculous time . This girl LOVES to be home and with her sisters.
I have packed a little suitcase full of goodies ( nail polish , lip stick , jewelry, princess stuff,  all kinds of girlie bling that she loves )  so as she is recovering she will be able to pick something special out of the suitcase to help motivate her and keep her moving forward  with her recovery .

Trying to adjust to yet another "normal", as we wait , has left us a little frazzled.  But it has also left us with a new hope for a miraculous life for Teresa.   Thank you God for leading us on this journey , even when I complain  and am totally overwhelmed, you have always  given us strength  and wisdom to carry on .

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

LISTED !!!!!

A MIRACLE has occurred  !   Two years after coming home from China with Teresa ,  we have the MIRACLE we have prayed for .   Two years of being told by several different Doctors  that it would take a  MIRACLE for Teresa to be listed for ONLY a heart transplant has occurred .


Words can not fully describe the joy we feel .

For Two years we wrestled with the hopelessness that the world had to offer and clung to the hope only Jesus could give .

Two years ago before we started Teresa's adoption we met with our Pastor to discuss if this was Gods Will.  His advice to us was ,
"The Will of God will never lead you , where the Grace of God will not protect you ".

This morning we met again with Father Whatley to discuss Teresa's MIRACLE .  He reassured us of  the miracle of Teresa's life .  God is using her life to touch others ...

Next week we will find out if our insurance will approve the transplant  then we will  start  the wait .  Teresa will be listed as a 1B.  1A is the most critical  then 1B then 2. 

A few (well actually a lot ) of other details need to be worked out also as to how we will be able to arrive at CHOP within 1-2 hours . We are 2 hours without any traffic and leaving from our home .  We have also started the process to find help with the care of the girls while I am gone .  Our Church is awesome with the amount of help they are offering !

As we start yet another journey on this amazing  path God is leading us , we  are so VERY grateful to everyone  for praying for  Teresa !   The power of prayer and love can move mountains !

Saturday, June 2, 2012


We are waiting ...  We arrived home this afternoon  after a very long three days.

Thursday morning Teresa and I drove to Philly for pre op testing .  After a long day we checked into the Gift Of Life House .  We were hoping to stay  at The Ronald Mc Donald House but they were completely full.  The Gift of Life House is specifically for transplant families ( adult and child transplant ).  The House is amazing with all the amenities of home .  Every night volunteers come and prepare  a home cooked meal for families staying in the House .  It was delicious and provided one less thing to worry about . We met some very courageous people while there .  All of whom are waiting for a transplant .
Friday Teresa had an MRI and heart Cath..  She was so brave , not even crying when her IV was started .  She actually helped the nurses to do it . They were very impressed with her calm state .

After the cath .  we spoke with Dr. Hanna about the results.  I was praying that the results would be very clear and provide a very decisive prognosis .  Dr. Hanna was very optimistic and felt she should be listed for a heart and that she would have a good chance of surviving .  Her pulmonary pressure was still over 30 and her PVR( pulmonary vascular resistance ) was 3 .  Both these numbers are not optimal for heart transplant but Dr. H feels its all about the flow .  At this point it was becoming very difficult to follow the tremendous amount of information and details so I had to rely on his level of expertise and trust his decision .   He feels she would survive a heart transplant .  She will struggle the first few days as the new heart battles the extremely high pressure in her lungs .  The fear is the right ventricle will start to fail because of these high pressures but he thinks with medicine she should be able to over come this and after a few days stabilize .
Now we must wait as the transplant team reviews all of the data and makes their decision . 
We should know their decision by the end of next week .  Once again we find ourselves waiting and praying for a miracle !

I have to tell you how grateful we are for all the heart felt comments and prayers for Teresa . She is an amazing little girl with an iron will for life .  We feel very blessed to be able to share her story with everyone .  Your prayers are all part of her miracle for  life !